Thursday, November 21, 2013

Starting Out

I am starting this blog for a few reasons.....to keep my journey documented. Also, for my kids to look back and remember the journey we took throughout our home schooling journey. The Lord has led us down this path for a reason and I think we need to have an outlet to look back upon. Lastly, I wanted to share all the cool things we do and find with others that home school, are thinking about home schooling or just want to see what us crazy home schoolers really do all day!! No we do NOT do school in our pajamas everyday! Even though my kids would love it! 



Throw Back Thursday!! Is my now 8 year old!! How time flies when they are so darn cute and fun! Good thing I have a 4 month old to keep a baby face in the house. 



So as a welcome I thought I would let you all in on my classroom. My husband has been so wonderful with all the changes I have made to our home as we go down this home schooling road. I could not do this without his love and support! Thanks for saying YES to this crazy, wonderful, adventure babe!! Ok, here we go!



These are my kid's desks, that my husband made for them. The desk opens and has sections for them to hold notebooks, papers, folders, pens and rulers! I love these so much! 



This shelf holds all my goodies from art supplies to my stapler, it's all here for the most part, again crafted by my wonderful husband for me! 


My newest addition is this table!! Not made by my husband!! But this has been such a great addition to my room. We learn so much better when I can stand on the side to help with handwriting or math problems! I love this table!


This is my little whiteboard, a little small but it does the job! Behind me is our bookshelf, the last thing in my classroom that was handmade by my husband! He really does play a great roll in our school. 


Our school pets! Well some of them, we also have a snake and two turtles that are on my son's room. The fish are a nice calming addition to our classroom!

Add that's my classroom. It has a rug in the middle for the kids to sit on if they want to be right in front of the chalkboard, but they can see from my new awesome table!  I can not wait to share much more. My brain is turning with ideas!! Thanks for stopping by, I would love to see your school room too!! 

Vanessa




4 comments:

  1. So glad you're blogging - can't wait to read about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice room. I love the furniture your husband made.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I love them too! They have more meaning then furniture bought from the store.

      Delete